11/8/11

ramblings

I have had the most outrageous sinus migraine for the last 2 days, making it exceedingly difficult for me to be a contributing member of my team at work, much less talk to my friends or make sense on the blog. I think I pulled it off yesterday, but I make no promises for this Tueday. Bullet points. That's the way to go, right? Okay.

Therefore, I bring you
Ramblings

1. Are there any other females as excited as me about Immortalsthe Dark Knight Rises coming out? I find myself totally geeking out over newly released pictures from the Dark Knight set, and excitedly punching J in the arm every time an Immortals trailer comes on. It's very feminine of me. I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

2. Everyonce in a while I like to do a Biggest Thing God is Teaching Me post. As of right now, I am unable. Because He's teaching me so freakin' much. Like...I keep getting overwhelmed and asking Him to slow down, I'm tryinig to take notes here, yo! Revealing that I have zero capacity to trust Him, that I really think my plans are better than His, that I kind of struggle with believing He actually has good things for me and isn't just a mean kid on an anthill with a magnifying glass. How to better love, and even bigger, how to let myself be loved {woof...I suck at that, y'all}.

3. Is G-Chat not the greatest thing ever invented? The perfect way to make the hours fly by, catch up with friends, vent-all without your firewall or boss having any idea. Sha-bam!

4. If, at some point., you find yourself standing in front of a RedBox on a Monday night, box of decongestants in one hand, wallet in the other, trying to decide what movie you're going to curl up in bed with, stay away from The Other Woman. And don't be fooled by the fact that it has Natalie Portman and Lisa Kudrow in it. It will take you on the most ridiculously emotional ride, and while it has a happy{ish} ending, it still leaves you exhausted. Just...don't.

4. Jimmy Kimmel did a bit on his late night show of parents telling their kids they had eaten all of their Halloween candy. It equal parts made me laugh really loud and made me really sad for the state of today's childrens. Hysterically crying over eaten candy? For reals?! Parents....wake up. BUT the last kids, the ones who start around 2:47-They. Are. Awesome. I really, really hope my kids are this quick on their feet. YOU SNEAKY MOM!




2 comments:

Emily Jones said...

I felt the same way about the Jimmy video! Sam said, "C'mon, it's funny." I would have been very upset if my (non-existant) children had reacted that way!! So sad!

Naara said...

"ARE YOU SERIOUS", "*GASP* YOU SNEAKY MOM!" LOL OMG THANKS FOR POSTING THIS. I NEEDED IT...ALL OF IT