8/24/11

{Cheesy Post}


I've been in this really cheesy carpe diem mood today. I've been thinking a lot about what it's like to lose someone you love, to not get another second to hug them and laugh with them and let them know how deeply you love them. I've been thinking about how finite this life is. It truly is like a vapor {James 4:14}, yet we spend so much of it stressed out and worrying and not living it. When I think about how much of my time I spend wrapped up in my own head and over analyzing and being a crazy person, I want to slap myself in the face.

"Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens."
-Carrie Bradshaw

I need to learn how to chill the frick out. To quit letting everything get me in a tizzy. I need to learn how to stop spending all of my time in either the past or the future and grab what I have in front of me by the horns. I'll never, ever be 22 years old, working my first job, paying next to nothing in bills. I'll never have this little responsibility. After this comes a husband and babies and all kinds of people depending on you, right? {which I'm excited about too. just in it's time.}

So people think I'm weird and little "off" because I'm happy and smiley all the time and like to laugh? Tough noogies. They're the ones missing out.
This would be an opportune time to post the "Carpe Diem" scene from Dead Poet's Society, but instead, I'll post my most favorite scene. "O Captain, my Captain". Because I want to live life rebelling against the old dude telling me not to stand on my desk....

No comments: