7/1/11

That Just Ain't Happenin...


We are all so different. Like. Totally different.
We're tall, short, curvy, stick thin, loud, quiet, opinionated, calm, liberal, conservative, creative, talented, fiesty, scatter brained, organized.

Every day we get to make a choice, to be who we know we are, or attempt to conform to what we think the world wants us to be.

For a really long time, I've had this deep desire to be the calm, quiet, helpful young lady that everyone can't help but love. The one that never ruffles any one's feathers, never rocks the boat, offers her advice only when asked, and always has a erethral smile on her face.


I've recently come to the realization that that just ain't happenin'. I've been hardwired with this boisterous, confident, sometimes hilarious personality, and I'm kind of over wanting to be something I'm not. I feel like I do an injustice to the Creator of DNA every time I beat myself up for being so loud at that softball game, or over analyze how much I talked at that dinner. What is with this incessant need to think everyone hates me?

Ridiculous.

I live my life by the seat of my pants. Do now, think later. And yea, I pay the consequences often. But I'm also strong and resilliant and it takes a lot to knock me out of the game. I'm confident in who I am, even though I sometimes act like I'm not beause I feel like that's the way it's supposed to be {twisted}. I'm independent and believe there is really nothing like the strength of a woman, but I find a great deal of satisfaction in someone calling me their girlfriend and the joy that comes from walking through life hand in hand with a man that makes you smile. I am a constant contradiction.

So. Challenge. How did God create you? When you're alone and there's no one around to critique who you are..who are you? Are you quiet and calm? Kudos. Never let anyone tell you you should be any different. Are you loud and opinionated? Yea, me too. Don't waste your days being someone else. Just pray that God puts a guard over your mouth and good friends in your life to love you even when you're being outrageous :)


Oh. And Happy 50th Birthday to a woman who inspired all of us to be who we are. Have you ever watched the Panorama interview of her after her divorce? So brave. Watching her own up to everything-her affairs, her struggle with cutting and bulimia, how strong she was for her sons. She's so inspirational. I hope you feel like a princess today.

In honor of a woman who was


No comments: