2/15/12

awkward + awesome wednesday


awkward:
-So, I pretty much didn’t sleep for two days. Monday & Tuesday night I went to bed at like 10, woke up at 11 and it was game over, stare at the ceiling, plead with God to help me sleep time. Last night I decided to take NyQuil and knock out at 9. I woke myself up at like 2 yelling “NO” because I was having a dream that I’d woken up and not fallen back asleep. I’m such a freak.
-My roommate made these huge awesome cupcakes for Valentine’s Day. Can I tell you how much self-control I’ve expended not eating mine for breakfast the last two days? Cupcakes, breakfast of champions, right?
-A good friend of mine had their baby shower this weekend at this beautiful, huge home. After I’d finished my delicious sugar cookie I started looking around for garbage can for my napkin. After wandering for a solid 4 minutes, I finally resigned and placed it on the counter in the kitchen. Only to turn around to the hostess who informed me the can was RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. Epitome of class, right here.
-Any day that I don’t have plans after work, this is my afternoon: walk in the house, violently shake out of my clothes on the way up the stairs, throw on sweatpants and a huge t-shirt, throw my hair in a bun, snuggle in bed, and turn on Lost. If that’s not sexy, I don’t know what is.
-All these meal replacement shakes do is make me want a steak. Seriously.  I’ve never craved meat before now. Guess what we’re getting for dinner tonight?

awesome:
-A boyfriend who chooses to take me out to dinner the night after Valentine’s Day because he knows how little tolerance I have for crowds. Oh how I love that man.
-Flowers. Don’t you just love flowers? I turned over to turn my alarm off this morning and was greeted by the beautiful red roses J gave me yesterday, and suddenly had the hugest grin on my face. Girls. Right?
-Our good friends’ baby does this thing when he sees me or I hold him where he puts his hand on my face and just coos. His mom and I are convinced it’s baby talk for “I love you”, and it’s my favorite thing ever.
-I sat in the back of church this week rather than our normal spot up front, and it was so cool to watch the movement of the crowd during worship. I just loved watching people swaying and bouncing and raising their hands in praise of our Father. It was crazy encouraging to me, for some reason.
-Matt Nathanson Pandora radio. Again, you are welcome.
-I know a lot of people will disagree, but I’m kind of obsessed with the weather lately. Thunder storms and cloudy skies are my favorite. I belong in Seattle, I tell you. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that you and I could be BFFs!! I would love to sit in bed after work and watch LOST all over again!! Oh Sawyer how I miss thee!!