11/16/11

awkward + awesome wednesday


Awkward:
-The fact that this weekend, when discussing "their song", my mother thought theirs was Josh Turner's "Long Black Train". I popped my head up and asked "y'all's song is about boarding a train to hell??". After everyone started breathing again from laughing so hard, it was discovered their song is "Why Don't We Just Dance?" Not quite the same, mom :)
-Wearing red lipstick and drinking out of a cup. I don't care how many years I've been wearing it, I always have this fear that it's going to rub all over my face in the process. Am I the only one?
-Trying to swipe a mosquito off of someone's head and them thinking you're trying to slap them instead. Especially when it's your boyfriend and you're in the middle of a serious discussion. Violence is not the answer...
-You know that scene in Mean Girls where Tina Fey tries to take off her sweater and her undershirt sticks to it? Yeah. Welcome to my life. *head desk* *head desk* *head desk*

Awesome:
-Three days at home this weekend, most of which was spend in the same spot on the couch. Oh, sweet relaxation.
-Talking to your best friend all day via GChat & texting, and then having lunch with her.
-The fact that now, anytime anyone sees any cute thing in Navajo print, they tell me about it. I love that people associate me with the things I'm obsessed with. Also, I buy most of them. Except that one uber expensive rug...that I've still got my eye on.
-Vacation days. Between November 14th and the 1st of the year, I have 10 days off. TEN. I just scheduled 3 & 1/2 days off around my birthday. I can't even explain how giddy I am about it.
-Immortals. With the boyfriend. I haven't been this ridiculous about a movie since....I don't know when. Harry Potter?
-My parents giving me 4 boxes of hot chocolate. All different flavors. Excited doesn't cover it.

2 comments:

his little lady said...

ha, you are too funny. i've never had this fear of getting lipstick all over me, only getting on my teeth when i first put it on. but i will never let my fear keep me from wearing it. ADORE lipstick!
xo TJ

MJ said...

I have dreams about that stinking rug.