9/21/11

Salty + Bright


You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
-Matthew 5:13-16

I don't really feel like I can do these verses any justice with my rhetoric, except that this is it. This is what it's about. Everything inside of me longs to look like this. To look different. And I fail epically on a daily basis. I get pulled into gossip, I get negative and grumpy, I end up looking just like the world says I'm totally justified in feeling. The world. Am I really taking advice from the world?

Sometimes I think I'm just talking to myself on here, which is totally okay. I'm so thankful I started Fearless a year and a half ago, simply to be able to look back over a year and a half's worth of mountains and valleys and change. Makes my heart jump a little to see right in my face how much I've changed and grown {thank you Jesus}. But just in case I'm not just talking to myself-choose to be different than everyone around you today. Choose to be salty & bright. Choose to better your environment rather than succumb to it. "Season" your surroundings with building-up and a smile and joy. Find your joy in the Lord and let that shine through you so much that people can't help but notice. And I'm not preaching, I'm trying to get myself to understand this too. Big time. Salty & bright. That's what I keep telling myself.

{Btw, have you listened to Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons? Um, so good. Do it now.}






No comments: