9/14/11

Hippie sweater

My coworker and I went shopping yesterday. In reality, neither of us have any business going shopping at the moment. We've got adult bills to pay! What are we thinking?!

We were thinking we were going to Sears to buy a coffee machine and ended up at Forever 21 and Bath & Body Works. But for the first time in a really long time, I 100% love every single thing I bought! {Only 4 things, I was only semi-irresponsible..} I'm the worst about buying things, getting them home, maybe wearing them once, and then they never see the light of day again. It's sad.


Hippie sweater. I tried it on, took a picture & sent it to J asking "does this make me look like I just smoke weed all day?" He responded that it was quite "Cheech & Chong", and called me a hippie. Which I took as a compliment. I have a sneaking suspicion I just added a new favorite item to my wardrobe.
Dove ring. It's already turning my finger green, but I don't even care. I love it and the fact that everytime I look down it reminds me of peace and promise. I love the way the Bible describes the Spirit as a dove, and have always seen them as a symbol of peace.
{"And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him." -Matthew 3:16}




Y'all. This lipgloss is life changing. I can't stop putting it on. You know your favorite candle that smells just like fall? This is it, on your lips. Except it doesn't taste like eating a candle. And this body wash/bubble bath? It's called sleep for a reason. I fight these bouts of insomnia every couple of months, and I'm in the middle of one right now. Took a bath in this last night, and felt more relaxed/fell asleep faster than I have all week! {Still woke up around 2 and couldn't fall back asleep, but that's not the body wash's fault}
 
Good buys. I'm proud of me. 

1 comment:

loho said...

paint some nail polish on the inside of that ring and it won't turn your finger green.