8/19/11

Nixing bread + pretty weddings


Guess who just went to the doctor and found out her insulin levels are all kinds of wacky and as a result she has to drastically cut back on her carb intake?

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

I sat there in awe as my nutrionalist explained how extensively what we eat effects our hormone levels, and that the carbs we eat can have a pretty drastic effect on our moods. I'm still kind of struggling to process that bread is what makes me want to curl up in a ball and not get out of bed some days, but I'm choosing to trust that this doctor knows what he's talking about. {I also found this that kind of explains it too.}

So yeah. That means seriously cutting back on bread, potatoes, pasta, chips, etc. The first thing I said to my parents when I was telling them what I'd learned was "basically...no joy". Kidding mostly, but also a little sad because food is fun! But I'm taking this on as a new challenge, to get creative and still eat delicious food that's just better for me! {Better believe I'm dragging J along with me on this.}

I feel like I've blogged a lot about health and food lately. Does that mean I'm growing up and getting boring?
I hope not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
J's cousin got married this weekend, and even through the hot and fear that it was going to pour on us, it was a very lovely wedding. She incorporated mason jars and string lights, so I had no choice but to adore everything about it.

No comments: