3/23/10

"Put a guard, Oh Lord, over my mouth"

Is it weird for someone you don't know and have never met to be one of your role models? If so, then I'm weird. What's new...

I went to the Miss. LSU pageant on Sunday. Yea, you read that right. I sat through a beauty pageant. Let me clarify that it was to support one of my great friends, Miss. Megan Rogers (who looked phenomenal and is so amazingly beautiful inside AND out). And I won't lie, I was rather uncomfortable for a majority of the pageant. But then 2009's Miss. LSU got up and gave her speech, and I was floored. She was unbelievable, and in that moment I got to see all of the characteristics I would love to have myself materialize right there on the floor of the PMAC. She might have been one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen in my life (she looks exactly like Quinn Fabrey, for all the Glee fans out there), but she was humble, and loving, and passionate, and sweethearted, and so in love with Jesus that she was in tears when talking about how much He's blessed her. She spoke about the great opportunities she's had while serving as Miss. LSU, and I've never listened to a speech more genuine in my life.

Talk about a gut-check. I guess it makes things a little different when you realize that all these things you desire are actually attainable. I'm sure Ainsley isn't that amazing all on her own, and nor would she ever say she was. She knows her strength comes from Jesus, and she wants everyone to know it.

So if you know Ainsley, she is a shining example of what I know God is shaping me towards. It was such an encouragment just to experience her presence. I hope that one day I can have that same effect on my Christian sisters, and make it abundantly clear that I'm living my life
Fearless

No comments: