2/24/12

pivot's 10 questions

J and I have recently become obsessed with Inside the Actor's Studio. Like, TiVo it and watch it together at night, obsessed. It all started when the cast of Family Guy was on, and J knows me far too well, and recorded it for me because he knows how much I love Family Guy. Now it’s a regular thing. So after we watched it last night, we started talking about what our answers to the questionnaire Lipton always asks his guests at the end would be. Neither of us could come up with something on the spot, so we decided to think about it and then share our answers. I don’t get to hear his answers until tonight, but I thought I’d share mine. Feel free to comment with your answers, if the desire so takes you.


1.     What is your favorite word? 
           I’ve always been a really big fan of the word ricochet.

2.       What is your least favorite word? 
          This one’s easy. Penetration.

3.       What turns you on? 
           Someone taking charge, taking control.

4.       What turns you off? 
          Being stressed out.

5.       What sound or noise do you love? 
           J has a pretty great laugh. I think that’s my favorite.

6.       What sound or noise do you hate? 
           The sound of disappointment in someone’s voice.

7.       What is your favorite curse word? 
           Sonofabitch

8.       What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? 
          Let’s be real, I’d at least like a shot at being famous. But I’d want to be famous for being an awesome
          writer or something worthwhile. Not Kardashian style.

9.       What profession would you not like to do? 
          I’d be a terrible accountant.

10.   If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? 
         Thanks for not making me look bad. You did good, kiddo. Come on in. 

Happy Weekend, y'all!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

1.What is your favorite word?
marvelous... i wish we would bring this word back.

2.What is your least favorite word?
anonymity... i use it a lot at work and never pronounce it correctly in a sentence.

3. What turns you on?
remembering the little things

4. What turns you off?
know-it-alls

5. What sound or noise do you love?
the sounds of a country night... no cars, no people, just nature.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?
fingernails on a chalk board type sounds

7. What is your favorite curse word?
hell... that counts, right? it's the only one i really use.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
back-up singer... i don't want to be "the famous" one. just the one harmonizing in the background!

9. What profession would you not like to do?
nursing... i'd be extremely compassionate, but i would gag the whole time.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
hey jess! your family is excited to see you... come on in :)

-this was fun!!

Elizabeth said...

1. What is your favorite word?
I have plenty of them. I always gravitate back to lovely, though. It's simple, pleasant, and happy.

2. What is your least favorite word?
I giggled like a 6th grade boy at your's, Blake. I hate crisp and slice. I feel a little bit of pain when I hear them.

3. What turns you on?
Humor, ambition, and intelligence.

4. What turns you off?
Self-importance.

5. What sound or noise do you love?
I really, really love the sounds of the beach. I know that's cliche, but I love it.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?
Babies crying. My heart just hurts for them.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
I am all for a well-placed explicative. But, "damn" makes me feel like a precocious southern belle, so I love it.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Chef and/or food writer.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything related to mortuary science. I couldn't take it.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Geez. It took you a while.

Natasha L'nei said...

1.What is your favorite word?
Easy...that would be Serendipity.

2 What is your least favorite word?
The F word. One of those vulgar words that I hate to hear.

3.What turns you on?
Gentlemen

4.What turns you off?
Spelling errors and overconfident guys.

5.What sound or noise do you love?
Laughter.

6.What sound or noise do you hate?
Brakes squealing.

7.What is your favorite curse word?
Since I don't curse, I"m gonna go with my favorite byword: Snap (yes, I loved That's so Raven)

8.What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Being a talk show host with my sisters. Yes, we've talked about this once or twice :D

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Plumber. I'd throw up all day, every day.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
I hope to hear, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant".

Also posted about it here: http://itmightbwonderful.blogspot.com/2012/02/pivots-10-questions.html